This competition closes on 4 November 2011. So read the information below, or click here or download the entry form and get snapping.
Focus on Volunteering
In celebration of 2011, the 10th anniversary of the UN “International Year of Volunteers”,
Monash Volunteer Resource Centre is inviting residents, or those who work and students who study in the City of Monash to submit and enter photographs that celebrate the remarkable things that volunteers participate in.
There are 2 categories for entry into the competition:
- 18 years of age and over
- Under 18 years of age
Photographs entered must be taken in 2011.
18 years of age and over:
1st Prize – $500 worth of Coles Gift Cards
2nd Prize – $250 (courtesy of Mason Sier Turnbull)
3rd Prize – One month’s membership at Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre – value $150
4th Prize – iRiver MP3 Player (value $99) – Retravision Brighton
Under 18 years of age:
1st Prize – Sitting, viewing, 11” x 14” portrait – value $370 – Andrew Kopp Photography
2nd Prize – iRiver MP3 Player (value $99) – Retravision Brighton
3rd Prize – $50 Rebel voucher
Finalists entries will be displayed in the Ramp Gallery of the Monash Gallery of Art, located at Jell’s Rd, Wheelers Hill 3150, from 7th December 2011 until 22nd January 2012. Entries close November 4, 2011.
Terms and Conditions
The information provided on this page forms part of the Terms and Conditions. The Photographic Competition is free and open to all residents, or employees who work and students who study in the City of Monash. By signing and submitting the Entry Form, the Entrant agrees to the Terms and Conditions. The Photographic Competition opens on 4 June 2011 and closes on 4 November 2011.
General Information and Theme
The year 2011 is the tenth anniversary of the UN “International Year of Volunteers”. Known as “IYV+10” the year is an important milestone in the development of global volunteering, and the volunteer movement. To celebrate and depict the year Monash Volunteer Resource Centre is inviting residents and those who work and students who study in the City of Monash to submit and enter photographs that celebrate the remarkable things that volunteers participate in – show the diversity of volunteers’ roles in the community and how their actions and service support those in need. The aim is to give people an idea of the range of volunteering opportunities.
Photographs entered must be taken in 2011.
The subject matter must be within the City of Monash and its immediate surrounds.
If a photograph is taken of a person, his/her permission for the photograph to be entered in the competition should be obtained in writing. Parental permission should be obtained in writing if taking a photograph of a person under the age of 18.
Conditions of Entry
- By entering the competition, eligible entrants grant Monash Volunteer Resource Centre a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, distribute, store, run, display, creative derivative works from, cause to be seen or heard and communicate to the public the entry (or including the photograph and text that forms part of the entry) in all media.
- All photographs remain the property of Monash Volunteer Resource Centre and may be featured in its publications, on its website, displays or in media campaigns.
- All entrants must provide a signed entry form with their photograph/s when entering the Competition.
- Entries will not be accepted without a completed entry form.
- Entries will not be accepted by electronic submission.
- Monash Volunteer Resource Centre reserves the right to refuse or not display an entry.
- Photographs will not be returned.
- Entrants must hold copyright of any photograph entered in this competition. Monash Volunteer Resource Centre reserves the right to request supporting evidence.
- Current staff of Monash Volunteer Resource Centre are ineligible to enter.
- must be A4 size (21 x 30 cm) for display purposes;
- may be colour or black and white; and
- mounted on firm white card for exhibition purposes,
- must be clearly labelled on the back of the mounting board with the photographer’s name, postal address, phone number, the location and date the image was taken;
- be printed on photographic paper;
- have been taken in 2011;
- may be taken using a film or digital camera; and
- be accompanied by a clearly labelled copy of the photograph on CD or DVD with a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Photographs must not be digitally enhanced
- Entrants warrant they have obtained the consent of any person/s (photographic subjects) depicted (or, in the case of a minor or person without legal capacity, the consent of the parent/legal guardian or representative), to the photograph(s) being collected, held and used by the Monash Volunteer Resource Centre and that the photographic subject is aware that their photograph may be:
- submitted in this Competition;
- used by the Monash Volunteer Resource Centre for publishing, displays, media, website.
- Entrants warrant they have obtained all relevant permissions required to take the photographs submitted in the competition, including but not limited to any permission required to photograph in or on non-public premises, any painting, sculpture, drawing, engraving, photograph or any other artistic work visible in the photographs submitted.
- Entrants aged under 18 must submit their entry with a parent or legal guardian’s permission
- Entrants indemnify the Monash Volunteer Resource Centre against any claims and/or costs arising from the Entrant’s failure to obtain any subject consent and/or required permission to take photographs submitted in the competition.
- All decisions by the judges will be final and binding. No correspondence or discussions into their decisions shall be made or entered into.
- Finalists’ entries will be displayed in the Ramp Gallery of the Monash Gallery of Art, located at Jells Rd Wheelers Hill 3150 from 7 December 2011 until 22 January 2012.
- Photographs may appear in a display at Shopping Centres.
- The winning photographs will be considered by the judges to best represent “IYV+10 – Focus on Volunteering”.
- Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at a special awards evening to be held at the Monash Gallery of Art during the first week of the exhibition. Winners names will also be published in the newspapers and on the website. All finalists will be mailed an invitation to attend.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The information submitted by the Entrant on the Entry Form is personal information and will be stored, used and disclosed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
- The Monash Volunteer Resource Centre collects information on the Entry Form for the purposes of:
- conducting the competition and exhibition, and awarding prizes;
- promoting this competition
The Monash Volunteer Resource Centre will disclose an Entrant’s name to the public if their photo receives an award and/or are selected to appear in the Ramp Gallery of the Monash Gallery of Art for the period December 2011 – January 2012
Whilst all care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted by Monash Volunteer Resource Centre for any lost, misdirected, stolen or damaged photographs.
Lodgment and Further information
Further information can be obtained by visiting the Monash Volunteer Resource Centre website at www.mvrcvolunteer.org.au or phone 95620414 during business hours. Entries must be lodged and received by 5.00pm, Friday 4 November 2011 to:
Monash Volunteer Resource Centre
5 Myrtle Street,
Glen Waverley VICTORIA 3150
All entries will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.